I am sorry to note that Yahoo is going to shut down Delicious. It was a path-breaking site and while I am not a regular user of their ‘recommend to others’ approach, I did have some bookmarks there. There cannot be a doubt about Delicious’s popularity.
If you have an account there and do not know where to go, you are welcome to try out Bookmarkee. We are pretty certain you will find it very useful and will stick to using this for the extremely easy to use interface, more than anything else.
All your bookmarks will be available to you in a single, easy to manage page from where you can 1-click to your favorite destination. You can also store your server login pages, research sources, and other such private links because the Bookmarkee bookmarks are, well, private to you only.
It is easy to migrate to Bookmarkee. Here is a step by step guide:
1. Login to your delicious account.
2. Click on Settings in the top right corner.
3. Choose Export / Backup Bookmarks on the settings page.
4. Click on Export in the next screen. Your bookmarks will be saved in an HTML file (named delicious-date.htm) on your computer. Note the location.
5. Register a new account at www.Bookmarkee.com if you do not already have an account. Confirm your email address by clicking on the verification link in the email sent to you.
6. Login to your Bookmarkee account.
7. Click on the Import option.
8. Select the bookmarks file you just downloaded from Delicious.
9. Click on the Import button and you are done.
Your bookmarks will be put under a folder called Favorites. Now you can create more groups and move the bookmarks to those.